Best Protein Choices At Chipotle
I love that all of the meat made at Chipotle is made fresh and without any added sugars or glazes. This keeps the net carb amounts nice and low.
My personal favorite to bulk up a meal, is to add extra meat such as chicken breasts or ground beef which adds 0g carbs and plenty of quality protein. I call this a double protein bowl.
Meat is such a good option . It keeps your carb count low and stable blood sugars.
These are the most keto-friendly protein choices and their nutrition facts:
- Barbacoa | Fat: 7g, Protein: 24g, Carbs: 2g
- Carnitas | Fat: 12g, Protein: 23g, Carbs: 0g
- Chicken | Fat: 7g, Protein: 32g, Carbs: 0g
- Steak | Fat: 6g, Protein: 21g, Carbs: 1g
All nutritional information and nutritional values: Chipotle
Can You Eat Keto At Chipotle
Definitely! You can eat keto at Chipotle and not be deprived! These keto bowls not only taste delicious but are super filling too.
If you want more low carb options for quick meals on the go, check out our keto fast food list post.
If you found this post and youre ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. Youll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
For something a little longer term, you might be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans , weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if youve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, weve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, on , , and .
Chicken And Steak Burrito Bowl With Fresh Tomato Salsa Guacamole And Romaine Lettuce
So, clearly, you can’t get the typical rice-and-beans portion of this burrito bowl, but who says you can’t get extra meat instead? Top your meat with some fresh salsa, guacamole, and romaine lettuce and it’s basically a meat-lover’s taco salad .
Per serving: 590 calories, 35 g fat , 1560 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrates, 2 g sugar, 9 g fiber, 55 g protein.
Don’t Miss: How Many Grams Of Sugar Can You Have On Keto
Meghas Keto Chipotle Meal
Megha likes the high fat content of the barbacoa in comparison to the grilled chicken options. The higher fat meat makes the meal more filling so she doesnt have to think about eating for a few hours.
- Barbacoa: 165 calories, 7g fat, 2g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g net carbs, 24g protein
- Romaine Lettuce: 10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g net carbs, 1g protein
- Fresh Tomato Salsa: 25 calories, 0g fat, 1g carb, 1g fiber, 0g net carbs, 0g protein
- Tomatillo Green Chili Salsa: 15 calories, 0g fat, 4g carb, 0g fiber, 4g net carbs, 0g protein
- Sour Cream: 115 calories, 9g fat, 5g carbs, 0g fiber, 5g net carbs, 2g protein
- Cheese: 100 calories, 7.5g fat, 1g carb, 0g fiber, 1g net carbs, 6g protein
- Guacamole : 230 calories, 22g fat, 8g carb, 6g fiber, 2g net carbs, 2g protein
The only real high carb item chosen was the sour cream. Chipotle has a much higher carb sour cream than most store bought versions. It is about 5 net carbs per scoop they give you. This will be what really sets Meghas macros higher in net carbs than Matts.
Meghas Keto at Chipotle Macros :
- 660 calories
- 35g protein
- 14g Net Carbs
While her meal was 14g net carbs this salad bowl could easily be lower if she had subbed the sour cream for more of the fresh tomato salsa.
Is Chipotle Keto Friendly
Just saying the words – Chipotle Mexican Grill is enough to bring on salivation. The smells, the colors, the tastes, the textures – whats not to love, right? But now that youre on the keto diet are you left to press your face against the glass and watch while other people enjoy your once favorite meals? No way! You can take your keto-lovin self right in there and savor some new favorites and maybe a twist on some oldies, but goodies.
Chipotle is keto-friendly if you know what to order and what to avoid.
Recommended Reading: Are White Claws Keto Friendly
+ Best Keto Chipotle Bowls Salads And Menu Orders For 2021
Jul 13, 2021The Diet Chef
This list has everything you need for a Chipotle keto meal. Here you’ll find every keto friendly menu item, along with a bunch of order examples for how to eat low carb at Chipotle! And, honestly, Chipotle might be the best keto fast food spot for grabbing a quick, tasty, and nutritious meal while following a keto lifestyle.
Chipotle Keto Vegetarian Order
If youre following a keto vegetarian diet, you can order the following keto bowl:
- Romaine lettuce
Nutrition facts: 5g Net Carbs 39g Fat 10g Protein
I dont recommend getting the sofritas because each serving contains a whopping 6g net carbs! However, if you really want them, you could do:
- Romaine lettuce
Nutrition facts: 7g Net Carbs 18g Fat 14g Protein
Recommended Reading: Can I Eat Fruit On Keto
Carnitas Salad With Fajita Vegetables Tomatillo
Chipotle salads on the keto diet are the epitome of not-boring salads. Add extra veggies to this one for just five grams of carbohydrates. But here’s a tip: Avoid the vinaigretteone serving will cost you 18 grams of carbs.
Per serving:365 calories, 20 g fat , 1055 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrates, 5 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
How To Stay In Ketosis While Eating Chipotle Keto Food
Its important to stay in ketosis while following a ketogenic diet but it can be difficult. One of the best ways is to eat enough fat at each meal and consume minimal sugar, which will help you lose weight and keep your blood sugars stable .
There are plenty of high-quality fats that have been shown to be beneficial for ketosis, including avocados, coconut cream/oil, and grass-fed butter.
When you are eating at Chipotle make sure you dont consume a lot of carbs and sugars.
Read here:How much sugar you can have on keto
Also Check: How To Build Muscle On Keto
The Worst Keto Chipotle Food Choices
Unfortunately, there are foods at Chipotle that just wont work for the keto diet. They are all perfectly fine foods, just not keto-friendly foods.
Here are the foods you want to AVOID at Chipotle if you are on the keto diet :
- Burrito Wrap 47g Net Carbs
- White Rice 39g Net Carbs
- Brown Rice 34g Net Carbs
- Black Beans 15g Net Carbs
- Pinto Beans 13g Net Carbs
- Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa -13g Net Carbs
- Tortilla Chips 65g Net Carbs
Isnt it crazy how high some of those are? Pre-keto, I would have chowed down on the tortilla chips without a second thought. But 65g net carbs per serving?!? No thank you!
General Tips For Keto At Chipotle
- Burrito bowls and salads are your best friends.
- Excess protein gets converted into glucose, which is not always good for ketosis. Unless you lift a lot of weights or have tons of muscle mass, dont overdo the meat!
- Youre going to end up eating SOME carbs at Chipotle. Every ingredient adds a little to your total carbohydrate count. Thats okay. Just be mindful and eat the amount you are comfortable with.
- To promote ketosis, get sour cream on the side and mix in some MCT oil. Then add the mixture to your salad/bowl. This will help you generate ketones that keep you in a fat-burning state when you consume carbs and protein. Check out our complete guide to MCT oil for more info.
Lets break this down in the order in which you normally order at Chipotle:
- Bowl , please!
- The big thing to remember with salads is that you should NOT get the vinaigrette dressing they offer. The salad dressing is loaded with sugar.
Read Also: What Store Sells Keto Bread
Make 2 Meals Out Of 1 Keto Bowl
I order extra meat on my bowl. I ask that the sour cream and guacamole be put on the side. Why? Well, since the bowl is so big it can EASILY make 2 meals!
Lets face it, eating Keto is not always budget friendly but if you can get 2 meals out of 1, all the better right? By ordering the sour cream and guacamole on the side, it makes the Chipotle Keto bowl easier to save. The guac and sour cream tend to make it a little soggy when keeping leftovers.
Check Out These Keto Chipotle Salad Ideas
Id like the keto lifestyle bowl with chicken , with lettuce, red chili salsa, cheese, and guac.
Earlier this year, Chipotle launched a new collection of Lifestyle Bowls, loaded with low carb deliciousness to take the guesswork out of ordering while living the keto life. Now you dont have to try and remember which items are keto-friendly, just simply order one of these bowls from their menu.
Keto Lifestyle Salad Bowl: Supergreens lettuce blend, your choice of meat, red salsa, cheese, and guacamole.
- With Steak: 535 Calories | 36g Fat | 17g Total Carbs | 10g Fiber | 2g Sugar | 30g Protein | 7g Net Carbs
- With Chicken: 565 Calories | 37g Fat | 16g Total Carbs | 10g Fiber | 2g Sugar | 41g Protein | 6g Net Carbs
- With Carnitas: 595 Calories | 37g Fat | 18g Total Carbs | 10g Fiber | 2g Sugar | 32g Protein | 8g Net Carbs
- With Barbacoa: 555 Calories | 37g Fat | 18g Total Carbs | 10g Fiber | 2g Sugar | 33g Protein | 8g Net Carbs
Whole30 Lifestyle Salad Bowl: Supergreens lettuce blend, your choice of meat, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, and guacamole.
- With Steak: 440 Calories | 28g Fat | 19g Total Carbs | 10g Fiber | 5g Sugar | 21g Protein | 9g Net Carbs
- With Chicken: 470 Calories | 29g Fat | 18g Total Carbs | 10g Fiber | 5g Sugar | 36g Protein | 8g Net Carbs
- With Carnitas: 500 Calories | 34g Fat | 20g Total Carbs | 10g Fiber | 5g Sugar | 27g Protein | 10g Net Carbs
- With Barbacoa: 460 Calories | 29g Fat | 20g Total Carbs | 10g Fiber | 5g Sugar | 24g Protein | 10g Net Carbs
Read Also: What To Cut Out On Keto
Vegetarian Salad With Fajita Vegetables Sour Cream Cheese And Guacamole
Vegan keto isn’t exactly a great idea , but you can probably squeak by as a keto vegetarian. Something to keep in mind here, guacamole has eight grams of carbs, but six grams of dietary fiberthat means it only has two grams of net carbs .
Per serving: 480 calories, 39 g fat , 745 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrates, 6 g sugar, 8 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Need an excuse to eat more meat? This woman actually switched from a vegan diet to keto and lost 60 pounds:
What To Avoid At Chipotle
So, above are all of the Chipotle keto options that you can add to your order.
And here is everything that you’ll want to avoid:
- Tortilla Chips: 66 NET CARBS
- Flour Tortilla: 47 NET CARBS
- Cilantro-Lime White Rice: 39 NET CARBS
- Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice: 34 NET CARBS
- Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette: 17 NET CARBS
- Black Beans: 15 NET CARBS
- Pinto Beans: 13 NET CARBS
- Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa: 13 NET CARBS
All of these are high in carbs and will knock you out of ketosis if you add them to your order, so just stick to the low carb ingredients, and you’ll be good to go.
Recommended Reading: What Is Better Keto Or Intermittent Fasting
Chicken Power Menu Bowl
A Power Menu Bowl is probably your best option for a keto-friendly meal at Taco Bell.
Although this usually comes with beans and rice, you can remove these items and still get a bowl containing chicken, shredded cheese, guacamole, lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, and an avocado-ranch sauce. Best of all, its only got 4 grams of net carbs.
One bowl provides :
- 10 ).
- Ask for extra meat or cheese. To get an extra dose of protein and fat in your meal, ask for extra meat or cheese. Note that Taco Bell meats do contain small amounts of carbs from their seasonings and additives .
- Get your order over lettuce. Most of these keto-friendly options will be served in bowls, so you can ask for the whole meal to be served over lettuce to add bulk without too many extra carbs. You can also add tomatoes, onions, or jalapeños .
Remember to use the nutrition calculator on their website, as well. It allows you to totally customize your order, including the ability to remove tortillas and view the nutrition information.
What To Order Keto Chipotle Menu Recommendations
Lets talk Keto Chipotle menu recommendations. Here are some suggestions for low carb food options at Chipotle Mexican Grill. I know, the menu and options can be daunting but weve made it super easy for you to stay Keto Dirty.
Remember, here at KETO dirty, we arent strict. I know some people avoid things like tomatoes and what not, but we are more focused on enjoying a Keto lifestyle. Just wanted to put that little nugget in here for all of those Keto police who will be screaming BUT THAT AINT KETO.
Recommended Reading: Is Custom Keto Diet Legit
Low Carb Chipotle Guide For Beginners
Learn how to order low carb at Chipotle, while still staying on your diet!!
Get my special 14 item Chipotle low carb menu for free. Its a great resource for anyone who wants to eat low carb, keto, Atkins, low sugar, or diabetic friendly at Chipotle.
Follow my mission to eat low carb at the top 30 fast food chains in the US.
Double Up On Guacamole
Similarly with meat, Im all about doubling up on guacamole. Yes it costs extra, but in my opinion, its worth it.
Guacamole is a powerhouse of healthy fats, and can help you stay less hungry, all while keeping your total carb count way down. It goes great with meats and cheeses, and can mix in with sour cream to feel even more filling and savory.
If mixed just right in a bowl, it can act as a great base for the rest of your meal and itll definitely be worth the extra couple of bucks in exchange.
Don’t Miss: Is Watermelon On The Keto Diet
Is The Meat At Chipotle Grass
A lot of folks living the keto lifestyle like to eat grass-fed meat when possible. While Chipotle doesnt offer grass-fed meat, they are committed to real ingredients, which, for their meat, means:
- No antibiotics
- 100% vegetarian diet
- Humane handling of all livestock
Fun fact: beef at Chipotle is cooked sous vide! That is a special cooking method that helps the meat maintain a high level of moisture.
What Does Chipotle Offer
Chipotle offers an array of protein options including steak, chicken breast, or thigh with fajitas vegetables grilled sofritas with onion and bell pepper carnitas pork vegetarian black beans served with cilantro lime brown rice without cheese or sour cream guacamole made fresh when ordered romaine lettuce cups filled with tomato salsa and other hot sauces like chipotles en adobo, chipotle mayonnaise, or tomatillo-red chili salsa and low carb tortilla bowls.
Read Also: What Sauces Can I Have On Keto
Chipotle Lifestyle Keto Salad Bowl
When we first wrote about Keto Chipotle the official Chipotle Keto salad bowl was not an option. The chain announced in January 2020 a new line of lifestyle bowls for various diets including keto!
Order a Chipotle Keto salad bowl and the Chipotle team will know whats up. Check out the Chipotle Nutrition Calculator to determine how many carbs your keto bowl will include.
Here is my typical food order that is Keto from Chipotle exactly how I tell the Chipotle employee to make it:
Which Chipotle Menu Items Are Suitable For A Keto Diet
Jan 6, 2021 by Dom Geracia · This post may contain affiliate links ·
Chipotle is one of my absolute favorite stops for a quick Keto-friendly lunch. The flavors are simple, fresh and delicious.
Want to recreate some familiar Chipotle flavors at home? My Instant Pot Barbacoa Chipotle Copycat is super tasty and convenient for make ahead meals!
You May Like: How To Snack On Keto
Make The Best Keto Chipotle Bowl
Simply follow my step-by-step guide to build your own low carb yet highly satisfying meal for Keto at Chipotle:
Step 1: Go for a salad or a burrito bowl .
Step 2: Pick your protein steak, carnitas, chicken, barbacoa but NOT sofritas .
Step 3: Fill your plate with Romaine lettuce or fajita veggies and skip the beans.
Step 4: Time to add healthy fats in your meal. Choose from Queso , Monterey jack cheese or sour cream .
Step 5: To spice things up, choose any of the salsas tomato salsa , green-chili salsa or tomatillo red-chili salsa . But leave the chili-corn aside, as it has a massive 16g carbs per serve.
You can mix and match different items to create your own unique keto bowls from Chipotle. Feel free to double the meat or add up on the vegetables! Here are the exact nutrition details for each item:
- Barbacoa | Fat: 7g, Protein: 24g, Carbs: 2g, Calories: 170
- Carnitas | Fat: 12g, Protein: 23g, Carbs: 0g, Calories: 210
- Chicken | Fat: 7g, Protein: 32g, Carbs: 0g, Calories: 180
- Steak | Fat: 6g, Protein: 21g, Carbs: 1g, Calories: 150
VEGGIES & SALSA
- Fajita Veggies | Fat: 0g, Protein: 1g, Carbs: 5g, Calories: 20
- Tomato Salsa | Fat: 0g, Protein: 0g, Carbs: 4g, Calories: 25
- Tomatillo Green Chili Salsa | Fat: 0g, Protein: 0g, Carbs: 4g, Calories: 15
- Tomatillo Red Chili Salsa | Fat: 0g, Protein: 0g, Carbs: 4g, Calories: 30
- Romaine Lettuce | Fat: 0g, Protein: 0g, Carbs: 1g, Calories: 5
- Super Greens | Fat: 0g, Protein: 1g, Carbs: 3g,
READ: How Much Water on Keto