How To Choose The Right Almond Flour:
Now that we have talked about the necessary keto substitutes for waffles, lets talk about the ever so important almond flour. The almond flour you choose matters.
Blanched and Finely Ground:
Blanched basically means that the almond skins have been removed by boiling them in water. You want this and the more finer the flour is ground the better. If the flour is more finely ground the food will rise better.
For these waffles a blanched, finely ground almond flour is best.
Are These Waffles Paleo
These waffles are paleo depending on how you look at it. All the dairy based ingredients like butter and cream cheese can be subbed for low carb dairy free alternatives. The erythritol can also be subbed for stevia or coconut sugar. The original recipe technically isnt paleo, but can be easily adapted to create delicious paleo waffles.
How To Make Waffles Light
Crispy on the outside, light and airy on the inside, sounds like the perfect waffle to me. So lets choose to make those kinds of waffles, shall we.
Secret To Making Waffles Light:
- First, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Then, stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Finally, fold in the egg whites.
Do these three things and the result is a light, fluffy batter. Mission accomplished.
You May Like: Are Rice Cakes Keto Friendly
New To Keto Check Out The Keto Starter Guide
The Keto Starter Guide is an amazing resource as you get started on your keto/low carb journey. This guide has everything you need to get started in 9 simple video lessons and also includes workbooks with step by step instructions for beginners.
- Whats a macro and why do I count them?
- How do I find the best recipes?
- What is ketosis and how do I get my body there?
- What fruits are allowed on a ketogenic diet?
- Will I get Keto Flu and what do I do about it?
How To Make A Chaffle
EVERYONE is going looney tunes, asking How do I make these?! This is the deal- The very basic recipe on what and how. The basic recipe includes shredded cheese and an egg but there are tons of add-ins you can use to change the flavor! You will create a simple chaffle batter and cook it in a waffle maker!
To make a chaffle recipe you will simply mix together a few ingredients and cook it in a waffle maker to create a masterpiece everyone will love!
Don’t Miss: Can You Eat Yogurt On Keto
Tools To Make Coconut Flour Waffles
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- High Speed Blender I use this blender for so many recipes! There is little it cant do and I use it on a daily basis sometimes a few times a day!
- Belgian Waffle Maker This waffle maker is perfect for this coconut flour waffle recipe. Waffles just make breakfast more fun, dont you agree?
These Aren’t Just The Best Keto Waffles They Are The Best Regular Waffles Too
These waffles could go head to head with any waffle, any time, any place. They could throw down with IHOP and come out the victor. No question. These low carb waffles are better than those pitiful excuses for waffles, because they have just 5g net carbs and a whopping 19 grams of protein.
You May Like: What Yogurt Can You Have On Keto
How To Make Crispy Keto Waffles
How To Make Keto Waffles
Don’t Miss: What Grocery Store Sells Keto Food
Low Carb And Keto Fluffy Waffles Recipe Ingredients
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Optional: We added Lilys Chocolate Chips to our waffles! So yummy and keto friendly!
Note: If you want to invest in a blender, this blender is one of the best and easiest to use for a quick breakfast. There are two different size cups too. I always use the large cup because it holds most of the ingredients for all the recipes I use. For as small and compact it is, it has amazing power to blend ingredients! I have a really nice Blendtec blender that takes up tons of space on the counter. I find that I rarely use it because of this Blender. Im not sure if its recommended or not but I tend to put the blending cups in the top rack of the dishwasher too. Ive never had any issues. Love this thing!
What To Make With Keto Waffles
Have extra waffles and dont know what to do with them? Weve got you covered! If you want a low carb waffle meal idea check out how you can upgrade breakfast below:
- Waffle Sandwiches- This low carb waffle sandwich idea makes for a great recipe because its super customizable. You can use eggs, cheese, and bacon, or be extra bold and try ham, raspberry jam, and brie cheese. The best keto waffle sandwich is whatever your favorite flavor combinations are.
- Waffle French Toast- I know this sounds a little strange, but to start cook up some of our fluffy waffles. Then in a bowl mix some egg whites, cinnamon, and stevia. Dip the waffles into the egg white mixture and then place onto a hot skillet with coconut oil or butter. Cook both sides for 2-3 minutes and serve with whipped cream and berries.
- Birch Benders Breakfast Sandwiches Decided to take the pre-made route? Thats okay too! Follow along with our Birch Benders waffle sandwich recipe to make a tasty breakfast bite thats packed with flavor.
Also Check: Diy Keto Coffee Creamer
Recipe Notes And Tips
- Be sure to not over mix your batter when you fold the batter with the egg whites as you dont want the egg whites to deflate.
- Preheat your waffle maker! This helps make your waffles get crispy on the outside while being fluffy on the inside.
- When whisking your egg whites to a stiff peak, make sure your bowl doesnt have any moisture in it as itll make it difficult to make the egg whites turn into peaks.
- Itll take some time for your eggs to turn into stiff peaks but dont give up and keep on whisking. If you want, you can use a mixer to whisk it for you.
- To keep these waffles keto, serve with sugar-free syrup or keto-friendly syrup.
Super Easy Keto Chaffles
Instructions. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside. Divide the eggs and place the yolks in one bowl and the whites into a medium sized bowl . Mix together the egg yolks, vanilla and butter and set aside.
While your mini waffle maker heats up, mix all of your ingredients together into a large bowl. Spray the waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray to ensure the batter doesnt stick. Using a C place batter on mini waffle maker and close the lid. Allow to cook for about 90 seconds or until lightly browned on top.
9. Keto Low Carb Cream Cheese Mini Waffles by Low Carbing Asian. So mini and cute, these classic chaffles get dressed up from cream cheese, fresh strawberries , and whip. The blogger uses monkfruit for sweetness, which wont raise blood sugar levels, despite the chaffles sweet flavor.
This keto churro chaffle recipe tastes like those sweet deep-fried treats, but with fewer carbs! When I think of churros, my mind goes instantly to Walt Disney World! Those are crunchy, fried, sweet snacks that are some of my favorites. Thats why I knew I had to turn my favorite chaffles into churro chaffles. Now, whenever I crave churros, I just make these!
Easy Keto Chaffle Recipe. There are also lots of recipes popping up all over facebook for these amazing keto chaffles and many variations of the basic keto chaffle recipe. Chaffle! It is for sure the BEST and easiest keto recipe ever!
Also Check: Cremora Creamer Side Effects
How To Make Coconut Flour Waffles
These keto waffles made with coconut flour are ready in just 10 minutes! Heres how we make them:
- Heat your waffle maker. You want it nice and hot when you put the keto coconut waffle batter in the waffle maker.
- Make the coconut flour batter. Blend together coconut flour, eggs, cream cheese, butter, heavy cream, erythritol, baking powder, xanthan gum, and vanilla until smooth.
- Let the batter thicken. Simply let it sit for a few minutes to thicken up a bit.
TIP: If the batter is crumbly like cookie dough, add more milk or cream, a tablespoon at a time, until its a thick batter.
- Cook waffles. Scoop a scant 1 cup batter into the waffle maker, spread and cover. Cook according to the manufacturer instructions.
TIP: Coconut waffles are done when steam is no longer coming out the sides of the waffle maker.
- Use up remaining better. Repeat until you have none left.
TIP: For crispier waffles, heat them in the oven on an oven-safe cooling rack for a few minutes at 400 degrees F. You could also pop them in the toaster, but wait them to cool a bit so that they can stand up in there.
I like to top them with strawberries and homemade sugar-free whipped cream!
How To Reheat Chaffles That Have Been Frozen
Defrost the chaffles by laying them out on the counter for a few hours. You can also remove them from the freezer the day before you plan to use them and place them in the refrigerator to defrost overnight.
You can use an air fryer, toaster oven or Ninja Foodie on the crisper mode to reheat your chaffles. They create a nice crust that has a bit of crispiness to it! Its pretty amazing!! I love to do this when I make our Keto Pizza Chaffles ahead of time! I swear the flavors are way more intense the day after and it makes a world of difference in the flavor. Its totally worth it!
If you love chaffles as much as we do, check out how huge list of Keto Chaffle Recipes all in one place!
Heres a Keto Churro Chaffle Recipe you will love!
Read Also: Are Rice Cakes Keto Friendly
Easy Keto Waffles To Make
These keto waffles are based on the popular keto chaffles recipe. Chaffles usually use cheese and eggs as its base, but aren’t ideal for dairy free folks. I got the idea to use coconut cream instead of cream cheese or cheese from my cream cheese pie crust recipe. I’ve made it several times using coconut cream and find it’s a great substitute!
These keto waffles couldn’t be easier as you only need to mix the ingredients and cook in the waffle maker for a couple of minutes! How easy is that!
Store Bought Keto Waffles
Dont have a waffle iron, but still want waffles? Thanks to brands like Birch Benders you can now buy pre-made keto frozen waffles! Go to your local health food store, Target, or Walmart and one of them should have the Birch Benders waffles. They make a keto buttermilk and a keto chocolate chip toaster waffle. Both are grain free and only have 6 grams of net carbs per TWO waffles!
Recommended Reading: Built Bars Carbs
Here Are A Few Ways To Enjoy Chaffles
Best Ever Keto Cinnamon Roll Chaffles
Cinnamon Roll Chaffles. Plug in your Mini Dash Waffle maker and let it heat up. In a small bowl mix the mozzarella cheese, almond flour, baking powder, egg, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon swerve granulated and set aside. In another small bowl add a tablespoon of butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 teaspoons of swerve confectioners sweetener.
Place half of the mixture into a mini waffle maker Then carefully place 23 sliced strawberries toward the center and cook for 23 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter. Cinnamon Chaffles: In a small bowl, whisk the egg and mozzarella cheese together. Then add the vanilla and cinnamon.
From: Keto Focus. 3. Easy Keto Low-Carb Cinnamon Chaffles. Truly easy recipe here, two main ingredients plus vanilla, sweetener and cinnamon. From: Stay Snatched. 4. Keto Chocolate Chip Chaffle Recipe. Grab your low-carb chocolate chips, were going in! From: Kasey Trenum. 5. Maple Pumpkin Easy Chaffle Recipe
Directions. 1) Gather all the ingredients. 2) Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.. 3) In a small mixing bowl, beat egg.. 4) Next, add shredded Mozzaerlla, Swerve/Monkfruit, Choc Zero Maple Syrup and mix until well combined. 5) Place ~2 tbsp of egg mix onto the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, close lid and cook for 3 4 minutes.
You May Like: Is Sugar Free Jelly Keto
Low Carb Keto Chaffle Recipe
Waffles are a classic breakfast recipe, but have you had a keto chaffle? There are many keto waffles recipes out there but most of them require a lot of ingredients and take time to mix the batter, chaffles are different.
Chaffles are a keto waffle that only require a few ingredients and can be made in less than 5 minutes. As a result, low carb dieters are jumping on board with the keto chaffle craze.
These keto waffles made with almond flour are thick, crunchy on the outside and are perfect with sugar free maple syrup drizzled on them. Not only are chaffles easy to make, they are also delicious! The cheese inside the chaffle creates a crispy outer crust, just like a traditional waffle. The inside of a chaffle is chewy. The flavor of a chaffle is on the cheesier side, but once you cover your chaffle with butter and low carb syrup, you cant tell a difference!
The Trick To Lighter Low Carb Almond Flour Waffles
Unlike many almond flour waffles recipes, these are pretty light inside the way real waffles should be.
This is one of the two common problems in most keto or paleo waffles recipes. First, they dont crisp up the same way that wheat flour does. Second, almond flour can be very dense. Probably not really what youre going for when it comes to waffles.
Fortunately, I came up with some ideas to improve on both these issues. I tested the recipe several times, because I really, really wanted to make the keto waffles crispy and light. The result is not perfect, but in my opinion much better than the alternatives.
To make the waffles light, I used the technique in my favorite paleo keto bread. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks first, stir together the rest of the ingredients, and finally fold in the whites. The result is a light, fluffy batter. Its absolutely perfect for the best paleo waffles that are light and airy inside!
Also Check: Can You Eat Yogurt On Keto
Can You Freeze Keto Waffles
Yes, these low carb waffles with almond flour freeze beautifully, so you can make a big batch and treat yourself to crispy waffles even on busy weekday mornings.
Just place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Transfer them to a resealable freezer-safe bag or container and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Low Carb Waffles With Whipped Butter
These low carb waffles are a wonderful way to start the day! They’re served with a delicious whipped butter and they’re gluten free, sugar free, and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
For a recent birthday gift I received a waffle maker. As you may know, I am from the UK and this particular appliance is not very common there. So I started making some pretty good waffles from the recipe included with the maker, and my son and husband loved them! They were of course full of carbohydrates so here is my low carbohydrate version! I serve it with a sweet whipped butter but you could also try low carb maple syrup or fresh berries and cream!
What’s in this Article?
You May Like: Ketosis And Blood Pressure